Acceso a Lagos de Covadonga en transporte público
Coach access from Cangas to Onís
In order to preserve the Picos de Europa National Park a coach access plan has been devised from Cangas de Onís to Covadonga's Enol Lakes to ensure the sustainibility of this unique place on days with top attendance.
During the high season it is not always possible to access by private car provided there are no restrictions for the rest of the year. However, the National Park's administrtaion, in compliance with its own regulations nat set up additional restrictions should the access road collapsed or in case of saturation of the parking lots available located in the vicinity of the lakes, exceeding a 90% of its capacity.
When regulations are being set, a fleet of coach buses guarantees the transport of all visitors between Cangas de Onís, Covadonga y los Lagos, making stops at the main points of interest, including hotel and leisure facilities.
The operational dates of public transport to the Lakes of Covadonga in 2017 are:
- Holy Week/Easter, from April 8 to April 16, both dates included
- Labor Day Long Weeken, betweenApril 29 to May 1, both days included.
- Summer season, between July 1 and September 15, both days included.
- October, from October 12 to October 15.
- December, between December 6 to December 10, if weather conditions make it possible.
On days when the system runs from April to October, the road connecting Covadonga and the Lakes will be closed to traffic between 8:00am to 8:00pm. Likewise, on days from November to December, the traffic restrictions will go from 8:30am to 7pm.
The first ascension route will take place at 9:00am, whereas the last will be at 6:30pm. By the time the road reopens at 7:30pm, the last ascension route will be at 5:30pm, whereas the descent time will be at 6:30pm.
- Vehicle parking lots (all day long) €2/car.
- Adult bus ticket (valid the entire day) €8.
- Under 12 minors ticket (valid the entire day) €3.50.
- Toddlers and babies under 3 (valid the entire day) free.
- Cangas de Onís-Covadonga one-way ticket €1.50;.