Madrid - Guadalajara
Bus from Madrid to Guadalajara
Travel by coach from Madrid to Guadalajara with ALSA for a quick, comfortable and pleasant journey. Only ALSA offers you the chance to travel from Madrid to Guadalajara by coach at the best rate guaranteed. And if you buy your tickets in advance at www.alsa.com you can avail of our cheapest deals.
- Frequency: over 30 daily services in both directions.
- Price: € 3.34
- Madrid - Guadalajara - Madrid
- Distance between cities: 58 km (36 mi). The entire journey is on the motorway.
- Trip duration: between 0.50 and 1.30 hours depending on the service.
Bus stations in Madrid and Guadalajara
Coaches travelling from Madrid to Barcelona depart from either the Avenida de América transport hub.
All stations are connected to the public transport network (metro and bus) and have public parking. Your journey will end at the Guadalajara bus station, located on Calle Dos de Mayo, 2.
The cheapest way to travel
In addition to discounts regulated by the Large Families Act, you are entitled to the following discounts* on the maximum prices allowed:
- Children under 4: free of charge.
- Children aged 4 to 11: 15% disc. (30% discount for ALSAPLUS+).
- Youth card (under 30s): 10% disc. Saturdays and Sundays / 5% from Monday to Friday (20% and 10%, respectively for ALSAPLUS+).
- Over 60s 15% disc. Saturdays and Sundays / 5% from Monday to Friday (20% and 10%, respectively for ALSAPLUS+).
- Return tickets: 10% disc. (20% discount for ALSAPLUS+).
- Groups of between 4 and 20 people: 15% disc. Saturdays and Sundays / 5% from Monday to Friday (20% and 10%, respectively for ALSAPLUS+). Subject to purchase more than 5 days in advance.
- Persons with more than 33% disability: 15% disc. (30% discount for ALSAPLUS+). Free ticket for persons accompanying users with an accredited disability of at least 65% or over, meaning the passenger needs permanent assistance.
- Buy 15 days or more in advance: 5% disc. (10% discount for ALSAPLUS+).
The following Vouchers are also available:
- 10-ticket multi-journey voucher: 10% Discount.
- Incremental nominative voucher (Consult the terms and conditions in Offers and Vouchers).
- Collaborative ALSA Share Pass (Consult the terms and conditions in Offers and Vouchers).
Changes and cancellation policy:
- All passengers can cancel their tickets at no further cost up to two hours before the corresponding service departure and can change their tickets with no surcharge up to 30 minutes before the journey starts.
- Consult additional ALSAPLUS+ advantages.
How to buy a ticket
- Website alsa.com
- Points of sale
- (+34) 900 816 550 (freephone)
- 902 422 242
- On board the coach
- Points of sale
- Automatic ticket machines
- E-mail: email@example.com
*Discounts are not cumulative
OUR ON-BOARD SERVICES
Enjoy your journey from start to finish
ALSAPLUS+. Added advantages
Are you familiar with our ALSAPLUS+ programme? Become a Member at no extra cost and enjoy all programme advantages: free management costs, accumulate 4% on all of your purchases and get free tickets. Consult all ALSAPLUS+ advantages here.
Special advantages travelling from Madrid to Guadalajara:
- ALSAPLUS+ members can link their CRTM (Madrid public transport card) to their account at a point of sale or by calling 902 42 22 42.
- Users can link their ALSAPLUS+ Member account to the minors travelling with them (children up to the age of 18). To register a minor on your ALSAPLUS+ Member account you must fill out a form that can be downloaded here (Spanish).
- The Member will receive a 15% discount by email off their next purchase after the first trip under this contract identified as an ALSAPLUS+ member. (Valid on all sales channels, except when buying tickets on board the vehicle).
- Members will accumulate points every time they travel under this contract:
- 60 points for registering with the programme, after the first trip under this contract identified as an ALSAPLUS+ member. (Valid on all sales channels, except when buying tickets on board the vehicle).
- 25 points for every €5 spent on tickets under this contract. (Valid on all sales channels, except when buying tickets on board the vehicle).
- 3 points for on-board validation of CRTM (Madrid public transport card) holders.
- 10 extra points if you meet any of the following conditions, for purchases over €10:
- Purchases made on the website, mobile applications, or vending machines.
- Fixed return.
- Class services.
- Purchases made on the website, mobile applications, or vending machines.
What to see in Madrid
The Spanish capital always offers a colossal range of cultural and sightseeing options: its many museums, not least the Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Reina Sofía National Art Centre, or exhibitions in Centro Cultural Fernán Gómez or Casa de Vacas (in the Retiro park) underpin Madrid's status as a cultural and artistic epicentre. But Madrid has another, equally well-known side to it: the famous "Madrid nightlife" in districts such as Latina, Malasaña, Lavapiés and Chueca, where the fun doesn't stop until dawn.
What to see in Guadalajara
Guadalajara boasts spacious green areas and a range of interesting tourist activities to tweak visitors' interest, in addition to its numerous monuments. Among Guadalajara's architectural heritage, we highlight the Co-cathedral of Santa María, Convento de la Piedad and Palacio de Antonio Mendoza, not forgetting palaces such as those of Dávalos, Condesa de la Vega del Pozo and Infantado. Your visit to Guadalajara may well coincide with one of the many cultural festivals, book fairs, concerts, plays or local festivities held in the city over the course of the year.
Virtual Tour Guadalajara Station
Issues and observations
No issues or observations on the service.
Our commitment to our customers
ALSA has prepared a Services menu (PDF 6.8 MB) for its Madrid-Guadalajara line that expresses our firm commitment to our customers and to ensuring the quality of our services.
Results of monitoring the commitments established in this menu (available soon).
If interested, you can download all relevant information on this web site in PDF format (5 MB).
Latest news on the Madrid-Guadalajara route
Commitment to Excellence
ALSA has established a voluntary commitment to punctuality that considerably improves the compensation terms and conditions stipulated in the applicable road passenger transport regulations.
Always connected. ALSA has signed agreements with other transport operators to offer you discounts and combined tickets.
Check routes and schedules here:
- Circular A outgoing trip
- Circular A return trip
- Circular B outgoing trip
- Circular B return trip
- City L2 outgoing trip
- City L2 return trip
- City L3 outgoing trip
- City L3 return trip
- City L4 outgoing trip
- City L4 return trip
- City L6 outgoing trip
- City L6 return trip
Would you rather use the metro?
Or perhaps you're more of a bicycle person...
Integrated sale of tourist tickets for Madrid CityTour Bus with a discount of 10% on the tourist bus price for customers using these services to travel to the city and purchasing both tickets. Point of sale only.
Connection agreements to foster intermodality and joint sales with other companies operating regular road passenger transport services (countrywide and regional), detailed below:
• Madrid-Badajoz-Valencia and Madrid-Salamanca-Vigo: sale of combined tickets via MOVELIA.
• Madrid-Málaga-Algeciras and Madrid-Agudo: sale of combined tickets via MOVELIA.
• Madrid-Fuente del Arco-Badalona: sale of combined tickets via MOVELIA.
• Madrid-Toledo via Valmojado and Casarrubios
• Madrid-San Clemente-Las Lagunas de Ruidera
• Madrid-Zaorejas and Sigüenza
• Madrid-Aldeanueva del Camino
All combined trips generated between the new service and other nationwide intercity services run by ALSA will benefit from a discount of 20% in the new service.
Discount of €20 for Busplus in car rental services with RESPIRO (and €10 for non-Busplus).
Would you like to book a taxi? Here is the number:
Alovera: (+34) 669 861 590
Alcalá de Henares: (+34) 918 822 188 / 179
Azuqueca: (+34) 949 101 050
Guadalajara: (+34) 949 212 245
Opportunity of hiring ALSACAB (car service with driver) in Madrid when buying your ticket.
Servicios para pasajeros con discapacidad y necesidades especiales
Los servicios de asistencia en la ruta Madrid - Guadalajara deberán reservarse, en caso de precisarlo, con al menos 24 horas de antelación a través de nuestros puntos de venta, nuestra página web o llamando a nuestro servicio de atención y venta 902 42 22 42.
Estos servicios se prestan en origen y destino y, salvo excepciones, no facilitan a los usuarios elementos de ayuda a la movilidad. Recuerde consultar la disponibilidad y características del vehículo y servicio en la estación de origen y destino. Hay que tener en cuenta que el WC vehículo no se encuentra adaptado.
Los billetes de esta ruta cuentan con un 15% de descuento para los viajeros que acrediten un grado de discapacidad igual o superior al 33%. Este descuento será de un 30% si el usuario es socio de Bus Plus. El billete será gratuito para los acompañantes de pasajeros con alguna discapacidad física, intelectual o sensorial que requieran de asistencia permanente. Descuentos no acumulables entre sí.
Esta ruta ha sido certificada por AENOR según la NORMA UNE170001 de Sistemas de Gestión de Accesibilidad Universal. Consulta nuestro apartado de Accesibilidad y necesidades especiales de nuestra web para ampliar información.
Servicios destinados a pasajeros con necesidades especiales: