What are cookies?
Cookies are small files downloaded to the user’s computer, phone, tablet or other device. They allow the server to remember certain information that can be used later. This information makes it possible to identify you as a particular user and enables the saving of your personal preferences, as well as technical information, such as the number of visits and time spent browsing. This information allows the server where the website or app is housed to recognise the browser used by the user, giving registered users access to areas of the website without having to register each time, and remembering their language, country and other preferences for future visits, among other things. It can also be used to measure traffic to the website/app.
Who uses the information contained in the cookies?
The information is processed by ALSA GRUPO, S.L.U., VAT No. B-82059478, with registered offices at Calle Miguel Fleta, 4, 28037, Madrid, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information contained in third-party cookies is used by the external companies listed in this Cookies Policy.
What kinds of cookies are there?
We now list the categories of cookies:
Types of cookies, by who manages them:
- Own cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the website owner which provides the services requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: third-party cookies are sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain not managed by the website owner, but by another organisation that processes the data collected by the cookies.
Types of cookies, by time active:
- Session cookies: these are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website or app.
- Persistent cookies: when persistent cookies are used, the data are stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a term defined by the cookie owner; this may be from several minutes to several years.
Type of cookies, by purpose:
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the options and services offered therein, such as: data controlling traffic and communications, identifying sessions, accessing restricted areas, remembering items in an order, placing purchase orders, applying to register or take part in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for video or audio elements and share content via social media.
- Personalisation cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to access the service with certain general, pre-defined characteristics based on a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, regional settings, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these are cookies that allow their manager to track and analyse the behaviour of users to the corresponding websites or apps. The information collected in these cookies is used to measure the performance of websites, applications and platforms, to draw up user browsing profiles, and to optimise the website, application or platform by analysing visitors’ usage data.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies make it possible to manage the advertising spaces included on the website, app or platforms from which the service is provided as effectively as possible, based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency with which advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies make it possible to manage the advertising spaces included on the website, app or platforms from which the service is provided as effectively as possible. These cookies store information on user behaviour from continued observation of their browsing habits, making it possible to build a specific profile to show advertising consistent with the behaviour in question.
What types of cookies does ALSA use and for what purposes?
ALSA uses the following types of cookies for the following specific purposes:
- Functional cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website or app to display and operate correctly. They enhance the user's browsing experience. One example of this type of cookies is those used to store data on browsing in a certain language.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are used to analyse user behaviour in an aggregate and anonymous manner, including number of visitors to the website or app and to the product pages contained therein, where visits are made from, date and time, platform, number of clicks on banners, search terms used by users to find the products they want. This makes it easier for ALSA to optimise the website or app and understand which types of content and design are most important to users.
- Advertising cookies: They allow us to show you offers that may be of interest to you. They are used to show targeted ads, anonymously.
The following table lists the cookies used by ALSA, so you can identify them on your browser:
|tecnocom.portal.locale||1||Variable with the language selected by the user on Alsa's website by clicking on language switch link (language banners in header)||Indefinite|
|JSESSIONID||2||Internal use of the application server. Variable with user session ID and assigned session node ID||Session|
|UID||2||Internal use of the application server.||Indefinite|
|UIDR||2||Internal use of the application server.||Indefinite|
|__gads||2||Internal use of the application server.||Indefinite|
|__utma||2||Internal use of the application server.||Indefinite|
|__utmb||2||Internal use of the application server.||Indefinite|
|__utmc||2||Internal use of the application server.||Session|
|__utmz||2||Internal use of the application server.||Indefinite|
|ns_cookietest||3||Generated automatically and transparently for the Web due to certain JS measurement codes embedded in the source code. Sitestat||Session|
|ns_session||3||Generated automatically and transparently for the Web due to certain JS measurement codes embedded in the source code. Sitestat||Session|
This table will be updated to show the types of cookies used at any time. We recommend that you regularly check our Cookies Policy.
How to manage cookies?
In order to allow, see, block or eliminate cookies downloaded to your computer or device, you can use your browser setting options through this link or the cookies settings panel made available for this purpose. Users can adjust their browser settings at any time, disabling cookie downloads and eliminating previously installed cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions or services of the website or app, resulting in a less satisfactory browsing experience.
See the following links for more information on how to manage cookies:
- Firefox users: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/locales?next=%2Fen-US%2Fkb%2Fenable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Explorer users: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari users: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera users: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html