Madrid City Tour
An open-top bus providing the perfect way to see Madrid.
Purchase your tickets at our Alsa sales points and board the bus at any of the stops en route on any day you choose.
Types of ticket and prices
- Adult 1 day 16-64 years old: €23
- Adult 2 day 16-64 years old: €27
- Reduced 1 day 7-15 and +65 years old: €10
- Reduced 2 day 7-15 and +65 years old: €14
- Family ticket 2 adults and 2 children: €57
- Children (0-6): free
Routes 1 and 2 and stops (See map with stops and schedules)
Route 1 details:
2 departures each day from the Prado Museum stop leaving at 10:05am and 6:05am returning to the same point. The round trip lasts 1:45 hours.
Route 2 details:
2 departures each day from the Plaza de Neptuno stop leaving at 12:15pm and 4:05pm returning to the same point. The round trip lasts 1:45 hours.
From June 16 to September 15 there are two night time tours on route 1 (No stops), from the Prado museum, leaving at 10.00pm.
Description and Service Terms & Conditions
- Operates all year round.
- The timetable during Low Season (November to February) is from 10.00am to 6.00pm. The timetable in High Season (March to October) is from 9:00am to 10.00pm. The starting time is taken from the point of departure and the end time is the hour at which services arrive at the terminals.
- The ticket is valid on all routes, over one or two days according to the option selected.
- Both the single and two-day tickets allow boarding on the Madrid Tourist Bus at any point provided there are seats available on presentation of a valid ticket.
- Bus frequency is every 8-9 minutes during High Season and 14-15 minutes during Low Season. These times are approximate and may vary according to traffic conditions.
- For your safety, all passengers are asked to remain seated throughout the journey.
The following are prohibited
- Hold up or wave any objects above head height.
- Throw out any objects from the bus.
- Maintain any other than a normal seated position.
- No animals allowed except guide dogs.
- On days when the service is impossible due to traffic restrictions this will be published via posters at all stops.
- The average duration of each route will be 80 minutes on Route 1 and 65 minutes on Route 2.
- The frequency of buses will allow complete routes to be taken all day up to 80 minutes and 65 minutes prior to the end of the service. The 4.40pm and 8.40pm services (according to season) will allow the full Route 1 journey. The 4.50pm and 8.50pm (according to season) will allow the full Route 2 journey.
- Tickets can be purchased on the bus, at hotels, travel agents and the Madrid City Tour information centre or via the website www.madridcitytour.es and other available sales channels.
- Complaint forms are available for all passengers.
- Bad weather or alteration to the service through circumstances beyond the control of Madrid City Tour organizers will not be cause for ticket refunds.
- The ticket should be retained throughout the trip as it may be needed for presentation to a member of company staff. In the event of losing the ticket passengers will not be allowed to board the service or continue their journey.