Lakes of Covadonga
From Cangas de Onís to the Lakes by bus
In order to protect the Picos de Europa National Park, a bus service has been set up from Cangas de Onís to Lake Enol (Lakes of Covadonga) to ensure the sustainability of this unique spot during busy times of the year.
Access to the park by private vehicle is sometimes restricted during peak times of the year. While there are no restrictions in place the rest of the year, the National Park Management may enforce its own conservation regulations and introduce an additional rule in the event of excessive traffic on the access road or if the car parks located in the surroundings of the Lakes should fill up (when they are 90% full).
The public transport service to the Lakes of Covadonga will be running on the following dates in 2023:
- Easter: from 1 to 9 April.
- Weekends in April: 15, 16; 22, 23; 29, 30.
- Weekends in May: 1; 6, 7; 13, 14; 20, 21; 27, 28.
- Summer: from 1 June to 15 October (except 25 July and 8 September).
- Weekends in October: 21 and 22.
- All Saints’ Day long weekend: 28, 29, 30 and 31 October and 1 de November.
- Constitution long weekend: from 2 to10 December.
From 1 April to 30 September
- Road closed: from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- First service: 8:00 a.m.
- Last service of the day to the Lakes: 7 p.m.
- Last service of the day from the Lakes: 8:30 p.m.
From 1 October to 10 December
- Road closed: from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- First service: 8:00 a.m.
- Last service of the day to the Lakes: 5 p.m.
- Last service of the day from the Lakes: 6:30 p.m.
WHERE TO PURCHASE BUS TICKETS You can buy your bus ticket on the website: www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/home. If there are still seats available, as an exception you may purchase your tickets at the points of sale that have been set up in the car parks included in the route, however we highly advise that you purchase your tickets in advance.
- Parking of vehicles in the associated car parks (valid all day): €2/car.
- Adult bus ticket (valid all day): €9.
- Child (under 12) bus ticket (valid all day): €3.50.
- Child (under 3) bus ticket (valid all day): free.
- Single bus ticket Cangas de Onís-Covadonga (one-way): €1.55.
Rates valid until 31/12/2023
Where to get the bus
- Cangas de Onís bus station, open all days of operation.
- El Bosque car park, open Easter, July and August.
- Muñigu car park, open Easter, July, August and until 15 September.
- Repelao car park, open all days of operation.
- Covadonga point of sale, open all days of operation.
Health and safety measures in force must be followed at all times.
- The Lakes of Covadonga is a mountainous National Park located at an altitude of 1,000 metres.
- You are advised to wear comfortable footwear and warm clothing.
- The company cannot be held responsible for changes in the weather conditions, which may vary throughout the day.
Want to know more about the lakes?
Connect to our ONdROAD-T system and enjoy!
- Download the application on Google Play or the App Store.
- Connect to WIFIALSA.
- Open the app (make sure you’re connected to the Wi-Fi first).
- You can now enjoy all the information on the Lake Route and view all the content included in the app!
Every time you pass by a point of interest, the app will notify you so you can read about it.