Alsa is following the recommendations of the authorities on responsibility regarding travel. Therefore, our services are carried out in compliance with strict controls to ensure the safety of both passengers and drivers.
IMPORTANT: if you travel to Galicia, the regional government requires travelers who arrive there to provide the details of their stay. More information here.
Compulsory use of masks
Users of bus transportation services are informed that THE USE OF MASKS THAT COVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH WILL BE COMPULSORY FOR ALL USERS.
In compliance with ORDER TMA/384/2020, of 3 May, of the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and the Urban Agenda, which gives instructions on the use of masks in the various means of transport and lays down requirements to ensure safe mobility in accordance with the plan for the transition to a new normality.
It is recommended not to consume food during the trip and thus comply with the obligation to wear the mask, except to drink water.
Cleaning and disinfection
We have reinforced all cleaning and disinfection measures on our coaches. All buses are disinfected after each service by means of cleaning and an micro pulverization procedure for the vehicle.
Interior air quality
The interior air quality of vehicles is guaranteed with new bioactive carbon filters and air purification equipment, which renew the air permanently, removing 99% of particles and destroying biological contaminants such as bacteria and viruses.
Buy tickets online and at self-service machines
For your safety, the points of sale will stay closed. You can buy your ticket on our website, app or at the self-service machines.
Avoid travelling if you have symptoms
If you are not fit to travel, change or cancel your ticket.
Do not print out your ticket
To reduce contact with the driver and for greater protection, tickets will be digital, and passengers will be able to carry them on their mobile devices and identify themselves with their Spanish ID card (DNI) to access the coach.
All drivers will be wearing face masks and gloves. We have reinforced health and safety measures among our drivers.
Your safety is everyone's safety
Act with empathy and respect for others.
Notice to people who move to the Autonomous Community of Galicia
In compliance with section 5 of the Order of July 27, 2020 of the Ministry of Health of the Xunta de Galicia, which establishes preventive measures to deal with the health crisis caused by Covid-19 in relation to the arrival in the Autonomous Community of Galicia of people from other territories.
CUSTOMERS ARE INFORMED
That people who arrive in the Autonomous Community of Galicia, within a maximum period of 24 hours from their arrival in the Community, must communicate the contact details and the stay in the territory.
The obligation applies both to residents in the territory of the Autonomous Community of Galicia and to non-residents in this territory. It must be complied with regardless of the presence or absence of symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
This communication is mandatory for people who have been, in the 14 calendar days prior to said arrival, in territories with a high incidence of COVID-19 compared to that existing in the Galician Autonomous Community, or for which they have not have reliable information or data on the existing epidemiological situation.
The communication of contact details can be done through the following means:
- Web form located at https://coronavirus.sergas.gal/viaxeiros
- Telephone 881 00 20 21
- Through the application that, for these purposes, can be enabled by the regional Department of Health (Consellería de Sanidade).
These data must be supplied by the person on the move or her legal representative, who will be responsible for ensuring that the information is true and accurate.
POINT OF SALE INFORMATION
- Given the health measures set forth to fight the coronavirus and giving consideration to non-critical services, we are progressively shutting down points of sale, Premium Lounges, and Exit service areas.
- If you need to purchase a ticket, you can do so by using our self-service machines, at www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/home, or through mobile apps.
- If you need to change or cancel a ticket purchased at any ticket office with a credit card, please call (+34) 91 020 7007.
- If you need to change a ticket purchased at any ticket office using cash, please call (+34) 91 020 7007 or wait until the ticket offices resume operations.
- If you need to cancel a ticket purchased at any ticket office using cash, we kindly ask you to wait until the ticket offices open back up.
- Regarding the rest of the points of sale, ALSA will continue to act according to the decisions rendered by the competent authorities.